Friday, May 06, 2005

Morning!

Couldn't sleep with the Technicolor rays of drink forcing my veining
eyelids open and was haunted by men with beards roaming the streets
with toes nail clippings embedded like bits of toast and egg.....so I
pondered.....and I pondered like your man Atlas holding the world
astride his shoulders using his mind to try and stop the waters from
falling away from land and turning earth into a huge rotten apple of
mud.....I think that's when I think best is whenever all around me is
falling apart...although all is not falling apart I pretended it was
just to think like a mad man......so I pondered and pondered and
figured stuff out in my wee head......and then sleep took me.....woken
by rain on the window and an alarm blaring in my ear.....so I sleep
walked to the shower and the bus stop....misty rain cloaking my every
step......and here I am.....on a Friday numb from the head
up.....waiting for something to happen that leaves me flat on my face
looking up at the worms......but it won't....its a Friday and Fridays
mean crunchies and crunchies mean honeycomb and sunny glades and busy
bees and picnic rugs and fresh orange juice with strawberries and
games of swing ball and cool lakes that splash when I fall in wearing
nothing but a smile....and paddle like a dog who found a ball to the
edge before a barbecue on the beach with coconut shades and purple
sunsets with steel drums echoing a different place as we watch the
little boy sail off into the sunset on the back of a turtle never to
be seen again!

2 comments:

Pikkel Weezel said...

huh?

Colin Dardis said...

When you going to update your blog you lazy gimp? Surely some improtant life events must have happened to you by now?!