Monday, October 17, 2005

Carlise Circus

Roll up Roll up
Bombs and Bullets a bus ride away

See families suspended by peace line,
See man tease the lions jaw with fresh kneecaps,
See petrolbomb fireworks inflame the streets,
See colourful parades pass through the eye of a needle,
See neighbourhoods defined by curbstone,
See landrovers pockmarked with direct hits,
See drugs and new money light the way for thick necked defenders,
See blind faith leading the blind,
See governments ungovern,

Roll up Roll up
Bombs and Bullets only a bus wreck away

Copyright Ruairi Mc Nally

4 comments:

Bronwen said...

Nice one Ruairi. Just wish I could hear you read it... I really miss hearing your read your work.

Hagfish said...

This is so good. I have been away for a very long time. It's nice to visit you again.

Jess said...

What B said...When I read your blog I hear it all in your voice, which I didn't realize until just now.

Ruairi said...

Thanks guys,

I have a few alterations to make to it, including removing all the 'see' references as it proves a bit annoying.

Its been a long time since you guys heard my voice, i'm sure it hasn't changed much!

roo