Monday, August 06, 2007

The Mad Hatter Coffee Shop (Eglantine Avenue)

The Mad Hatter is a place I'd heard quite about from friends that live on the Lisburn Road, they swear by this eaterie for their weekend breakfasts...so I decided to kick this piece off by visiting somewhere I'd never been and so I approached the hatter with a little bit of intrigue.

I sat down and quickly saw that it had a pretty big menu, particularly for the morning time, though I made my choice with the Ulster Giant Fry....looked good. Left to my own devices I sipped at my coffee and read the paper and half-way down the first article...the food arrived. That was fast. And for a man who likes to get his food quickly, especially after the 15 minute walk to get there....this was great. It was well cooked, loads of soda bread, and 2 big eggs and tonnes of bacon and two sausages. This was a good standard fry, a bit greasy and the sausages maybe were a bit watery....but all in all the service really made the meal better.

3 Soda Breads

No comments: