Thursday, April 12, 2007

Easter

Had a few days off earlier this week and of course caught a bit of the sniffles that I've been trying to shake off ever since. I seems in the laws of probability that the time you are likely to feel run down and destroyed is a day when the sun is shining, you could be doing a million things and you are off work. But hey, its nearly gone and a couple of days at work later and I'm looking forward to the end of a short week and a weekend of doinbg interesting things.

I got back into reading a lot more again, I've read about 3 books this past month

A Short History of Tractors in Ukranian by Marina Lewycka
On Beauty by Zadie Smith
All Quiet on the Orient Express by Magnus Mills

Started into Birdsong by Sebastien Faulks which is I suppose a completely different journey than the others but still interesting all the same. I've been filling the shelves of my bookcase with second hand books every weekend over the past few months and am just sort of picking the next journey at random from these as I go on.... Its far better than getting sucked into the television or into the PC when I get home.

No comments: