Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My Little Teapot



I have decided that my task of this week is to go and invest in a little teapot, as in a conversation I had merely moments ago while making tea in a cup, challenged the validity of making tea in a cup, when there are perfectly brilliant cups of tea made in teapots. Tea must be made in a teapot, as it was decreed by the great tea lord when tea was first made, it allows the leaves to diffuse effectively, while the humble teabag smoothers the leaves and creates a taste that is flat and lifeless. So my mission will be accomplished, no more limp tea.

2 comments:

David Todd said...

I've a box of all that's required for a Chinese tea drinking ritual stuck up in a cupboard in the kitchen. I've still to get round to doing it sometime.It is said "The art of drinking and serving tea plays a major cultural role in China. It inspires poetry and songs." A little teapot is a start :-)

Alan in Belfast (Alan Meban) said...

Nothing quite like a cup of tea!