Tuesday, November 09, 2004

E Bay

So, I was sick of my phone, its an old relic of a phone and although me and Percy have been through a lot in the last few years I felt it was time that Percy got a slight face lift. Now, I'm not advocating plastic surgery here, I don't think you should go out and remodel your face to look like a next door neighbour just cause your bored....but for a Phone like Percy (which is already plastic) its important to look at least a little happening (as in not a million years old). Percy phone has always looked a bit retro, beginning as a motorola brick, that gave up the Ghost in the new millenium, due to a lack of style. Giving way to the Nokia style....much more finger (I can find the phone numbers quickly) and pocket friendly (less bricklike).....but it just isn't working at the mo.

So, someone put the idea of getting a new phone into my head....and so I scoured the internet, finally resting on the holy of holies ebay. Now, I had looked around ebay before, most memorably to see a Friend who put their dog up for rent; promising postcards, paw prints, photos of it in a variety of poses for a year. Now this wasn't sold....but it was entertaining. And I remember reading a story about a man who sold all his possessions (including a half eaten packet of crackers) on ebay and visited the people who bought them and wrote a book (liked that idea). All these stories but I had never bought anything on there. So, I braced myself, joining the auction for a Nokia 8310 (wow....with radio), joining paypal.....and waited!

I won, and got an email telling me to ring a free-phone number and use a switch card to pay......no need for paypal.....only now to wait on its delivery and then Percy phone will be the coolest mobile in town....can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much did you pay for the 8310, if you don't mind me asking...????

Chris

Ruairi said...

Well, haven't got it yet....fingers crossed but it cost only £38 quid (not sure how many dollars that is), unlocked with all the wee additional things like earphones, a case, charger and stuff like that....hopefully it will be great!...can't wait to get it!