Thursday, November 04, 2004

Liverpool 1 - Deportivo 0

Last night I sat down to watch the results service on Sky Tv for the live commentary of the Liverpool versus Deportivo European game, all hopeful of a win! Phil Thompson (ex-assistant manager) went through a understrength team sheet, without Cisse (broken leg) and Xavi Alonso (calf injury). Benitez drafted in Biscan (Biscuit as my brother refers to him) and Trajore (holy god) which did not fill my heart with gladness. But, as the game got underway it seemed that Liverpool were doing well and even went onto score a goal in the first half.

Now I switched over the channel and watched American Pie 2...hoping that by not watching the commentary I wouldn't jinx this near victory....I was sure I was going to flick the channel back to find that the score now stood at 3-1 to the Spanish team.....but I kept finding one nil Liverpool....even at the final whistle I couldn't quite believe it!....We won...and are now joint top of the group!.....horray! Just need another win and we are home and dry in the next stage!

1 comment:

Ruairi said...

why thank you Dariana.....glad I am provoking someones thoughts....I just write whatever is in my head and if anybody gets it then I am most happy!