Saturday, November 06, 2004

The Ulster Fry

My Saturday mornings normally consist of me waking up with a hangover, struggling into the shower (recently been just giving me luke warm water), throwing on clothes and making my way to my local Greasy Spoon for my weekly treat.

Sausages, Bacon, Eggs, Soda Bread, Potato Bread, Hash Brown, Mushrooms....the paper.....a coffee and I'm a very happy boy! Recently due to my weekly gamble I have taken to using this time tos strategise and pick my teams! It makes for a nice Saturday watching the soccer results come in with my fingers crossed!

Saturdays just wouldn't be Saturday without my lovely fry!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Not meaning to be provoker of cliche's...ah hell, who am I kidding, I thought you might go for Lambs fry bacon and onion gravy (of course with coffee) for breaky. mmmmmm lambs fry. I haven't thought of that in ages. well it's off to the shops for me then.
But I agree. a good outdoor cafe and something extremely similar to what you mentioned gets me started right for the day...that and a smack on the bum but that's something I'm working on.

Ruairi said...

God that lamb thing sounds tremendous! There is a pub called the Empire in Belfast that does a meal that includes a minute steak, chips, two lamb chops, sausages, eggs, bacon, fried tomato, toast, soda...the whole works....its like two meals in one! Amazing....you are likely to have a heart attack soon after though!