Monday, February 21, 2005

Hunter S Thompson

Crazy self styled wild man creator of ‘gonzo journalism’ shot himself in the head today…..The maker of such drug fuelled journeys as fear and loathing and the rum diaries has finally met his maker….It seems a strange coincidence that on a laugh fuelled shopping trip along with my compadre Dardis, I picked up a copy of fear and loathing in a second hand bookstore. The novel was winking at me from behind the glass counter just as I was buying blandness due to the necessity to find a follow up to Catch 22 that I am plodding through at the rate of 4 pages a day…… so as I just discover the crazy trip its gone!....

May he rest in peace!

3 comments:

(S)wine said...

Extremely sad day to-day. Check out my new entry, also about our beloved Raoul Duke.

Chris Reeve is a good friend of mine. said...

He didn't die today. They found him yesterday, so he couldn't have died today.

Ruairi said...

Sorry guys....Chris reeve, etc...is right.....he was found on Sunday....still a pretty bad loss!.....