Friday, September 24, 2004

I Gots Myself a Reader

Hey, imagine my surprise this afternoon when I opened up my inbox to find a little message to alert me that someone had posted on my blog and I didn't even know them. I was gobsmacked so hard I fell over and scrambled amongst the dirty litter bin that lives below my desk here in beautiful gorgeous work.......she (yes....she!) left a wee bit in support of two of my discoveries this week and I feel accepted and loved.....she believes in my love of non-face cleaning and kevin costner syndrome....in fact she advocates it..... The reason one is so surprised is that the only people I have posting on it are dear friends, one is my flatmate Colin (a.k.a colon) who by the way isn't double chinned......and Cinta who understands me far too often!......

So I extend a hand of gratitude to my new found friend A Murray or Hagfish to her friends (I suppose).....I shall leave little messages on your place as well....and then I might go and give other people this beautiful feeling of love......love.....love.....love....love (beatles in my head.....get them out!)

4 comments:

Hagfish said...

OH! Thou dost cause me to blush. And now...there's more. Because I think you're a funny smart man, I am going to put a link to Wrinkleblog at both The Hagfish Chronicles, and Hagfish Lite.

I know you're wriggling in pleasure.

And yes, Martin is a nasty bugger. Not to worry. Ms. Hagfish swam right up there and gave him a slap with her tail fin. He was absolutely astonished, and she left him gasping, with his jaw agape. Served him right. Then I told all the sharks to go eat him.

(Comes from watching too many awful movies.)

Ruairi said...

Hi,

You are awful good.....How can I put links to you on my site? I still haven't figured that out yet, or do I just need to use the Html code?

Martin, stay astonished....its a great place to be and i'm sure it has running water and a regular heating system available.

Unknown said...

It's cool hey? I got a shock when someone I didn't know responded to my blog. Now I can add to your shock so I hope you have either a defibulator or a lager handy.
There are some good musings happening here. Don't you think blogs are like mind reading the customers of a newsagents as they browse magazines? I'm hooked.

Ruairi said...

This is getting rediculous, now I have not just one but two genuine proper readers....two readers? Now what have I done to deserve this? i dunno....described a bit of my life! Anyway....my stuff isn't as entertaining as their stuff....Check them out!.....

I had neither of the devices discussed handy....all I had was my concience to stop me from jumping around with joy....because that would be wierd and sometimes they lock wierd people up....especially for jumping around and eating raw Cauliflower (as if I would)...But it is addictive....this feeling of being read!...I need more readers....but where does one get them if one doesn't even know where he got the ones he has!

Ohh and I agree Blogs are like mindreading the customers of a newsagents! They are saying things like....'I shouldn't have eaten that fourth yougart'...