Saturday, September 18, 2004

Poetic Splendor

Upstairs in Whites Tavern on this evening of writing myself and my esteemed compadre Colin 'double chinned' Dardis stormed the audience with our sparkling hosting.....t'was a blast! Jane Bailey and Gerard Mc Keown did us very proud and performed well as our first two featured poets.

Afterwards we all sat and drank merrily....me on the Magners....recovering from a Tennants (can't find a link for it) overkill from the night before.....and the rest on more sociable mixtures. Ended up in a number of conversations:
  • The benefits of burning hair off ones chest rather than conventional shaving
  • Chinese Horoscopes (apparantly I'm a Tiger/Horse)
  • Wether Farenheit is a retro aftershave
  • The politics of goats

So, as you can see.....we are highly entertaining! So come along and see us on the 3rd Saturday of every month at 7pm! It would be great to meet you finally!


1 comment:

Colin Dardis said...

Double chinned??? I'm a damn sight slender that you, my hairy friend!