Saturday, October 16, 2004

Back to Surfing!

Finally got up off my lazy but and headed up the Coast with Suzie and Michelle to got surfing.....went and hired a wetsuit so for the first time I didn't feel like a huge waterbottle.....as I used to wear a wetsuit that was far too big and when the water entered it I ended up flopping along with no control! So obviously i thought with everything fitting i would stand on the board for the first time....mmm no luck! The waves were mushy (like peas) and I think I caught 5 waves in the space of about an hour and a half...I caught one of those waves in the first 5 mins and nearly got up on the board only to slip at the wrong time......The rest of the time was spent attempting to surf little trickle waves that beforehand looked massive (caused by a mixture of having no glasses and mother nature playing games with me) and avoiding drowning as two or three waves came at the same time! but it was refreshing and at least it created another habit to continue.....

Now all I need to do is start running again and doing weights again.....just gave both up when I moved a few months ago as well as trading my gum membership in for sky television and so now I am the most unfit man imaginable.....like a blob with arms and legs!

No comments: