Sunday, October 17, 2004

Signapore Noodles

I have never eaten in a Thai restraunt, or eaten Thai food before so I was quite unsure of what to expect when I went to Lemongrass for a meal with some people I hardly knew. I looked at the menu and did not recognise any of the dishes that were available until I spied the Signapore Noodles. I had read a book (Mc Carthy's Bar) by an author called Pete Mc Carthy in which he travels around Ireland with the task of not going past a bar bearing his surname......a lot tougher than you think when you realise that Mc Carthy is one of Irelands most popular surnames. Anyway, his diet during his trip tended to consist of Ham and Cheese toasties (or Ham and cheese specials.....as they are often refferred to in many a pub in Ireland).....and Signapore Noodles (which are significantly difficult for him to find).......

He has recently passed away to the other place where along with Christopher Reeve he is discussing the merits of a Ham and Cheese special and a pint of guinness. So in homage to him i had Signaore Noodles and I have to say i was more than pleasantly surprised. I am not normally a regular noodle consumer as I often find them bland......but this was wonderful and it contained suffiencient pork and prawn for two servings....so I was a happy eater!........So thanks to Pete Mc Carthy RIP I have a new dish of choice.......try it and see!

No comments: