Sunday, October 03, 2004

Ulster Museum

In all my years living in Belfast I had never made my merry way along to the Ulster Museum, but because of a few friends being up from Dublin I decided it was about time. Now, I have visited museums in many other cities on my holidays and have always found it to be a great experience while recovering from the drink or just waiting till the next one.....but I didn't realise I could have the same feelings in my own city! And....its free! They currently have an exhibition of Conflict in Northern Ireland which displays a wide range of artefacts from the early centuries......fascinating!...They even have these phone things that you can listen to.....like massive mobile phones!

There is an art exhibition at it currently and I am resolved to go and visit it sometime this week just to get some perspective on things. Good on you Northern Ireland.....love the way you can be surprised by a place even after living in it for so long!

No comments: