Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Getting my Hair Cut

I just got my hair cut today in a barbers here in Belfast and it looks great, but I know that I probably won't bother keeping it like this. Instead it will grow unruly and long and I will quickly forget about my good intentions of getting it cut again soon as I always do.....

Thing is I don't really like the process of getting my Hair cut....sort of like the dentists.....I never know what to say to the man/woman cutting my hair and am jealous of people who can just sit down and start a conversation with them. Don't get me wrong its not that I don't like talking, I have no problem striking up an animated conversationabout everyday things with taxi-drivers, people on bus-stops, bar-men, women in fact most situations except in a Hairdressers. I just dry up, grimace and look pensive while they 'get it over with'.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too struggle with the what.to.say.to.my.hairdresser affliction of which you speak. And I think it's absolutely like going to the dentist - only without the excuse that the saliva sucking tube is shoved in your mouth - as a reason for your silence. Honestly though, a good hairdresser makes you feel fine while you sit there - be you a chatty kathy or totally silent. Maybe if you go with more frequency to the same stylist the angst will go away?

www.snazzykat.com/emily

Ruairi said...

I wish i could go and get myself a good stylist but I have been going to the same hairdressers for about 6 years and it would take a lot for me to move somewhere else......its pretty close to where i live (5 min walk) and they play cool music and have good magazines and the lady stylists are hot.....so these factors make me stay! i just wish I could talk when I'm getting my hair cut to move the attention away from the silence!....maybe I look like I need silence....i have a serene face!...mmm maybe!

Hagfish said...

Oh, must I teach you EVERYTHING? All you need to do is talk about sex, drugs and rock'n'roll. Do not talk about politics.

Love from Americky

You can delete this if it's too, too. I won't be offended.

Ruairi said...

Okay may give it a try Hagfish.....but will ou pay my legal bill or fix my face if it doesn't work out?